Speech Prosody 2016 Home
Welcome to Speech Prosody 8, which will be hosted at Boston University from Tuesday, May 31 through Friday, June 3, 2016.
New! The four-page papers constituting the Proceedings of Speech Prosody 8, Boston, 2016, are available to the public free of charge at the following web site, maintained by ISCA: http://www.isca-speech.org/archive/sp2016/ For more details about our proceedings, including the enhanced proceedings (with video archives), see our Proceedings page.
Update: The banquet at the Hotel Commonwealth on Thursday, June 2nd has SOLD OUT! We are no longer able to offer additional banquet tickets for Hotel Commonwealth. Tickets are included for all registrants who have paid as of May 24, 2016. Additionally, we cannot guarantee a banquet ticket for any new registrations after this date. If you register after May 24, 2016, and we are not able to find a banquet ticket for you, we will refund you $130, the cost of a banquet ticket.
Online registration for the conference is still open.
Prosody and the Individual: Unity and Difference Within and Across Speech Communities
- Aoju Chen, Universiteit Utrecht
- Laura Dilley, Michigan State University
- Rupal Patel, Northeastern University
- Patrick Wong, Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Rising intonation in English and beyond
Organizers: Meghan Armstrong, Page Piccinini, Amanda Ritchart
- Sentence-final particles and intonation: Similarities, interactions, and historical relationships
Organizers: James Sneed German, K. K. Luke
- Sources of Prosodic Variation across Recording Settings
Organizers: Oliver Niebuhr, Petra Wagner
- Speaker comfort and communication in noisy environments (Special Poster Session)
Organizers: Oliver Niebuhr, Simone Graetzer
More information on each of the special sessions can be found on the Special Sessions page. Papers to special sessions will be submitted via EasyChair with other submissions and will be reviewed and selected by Special Session organizers. Papers submitted to special sessions must also follow the same formatting and criteria of regular submissions. Please see our author information page for full submission requirements.
We are pleased to announce 4 satellite meetings that will be held in association with Speech Prosody 2016, Boston.
- Framing speech: Celebrating 40 years of inquiry with Stefanie Shattuck-Hufnagel, organized by Jon Barnes, Alejna Brugos and Nanette Veilleux. Friday, June 3, 2:30 – 6:00 p.m. See our information page.
- A Common Prosody Platform (CPP) for Comparing Prosodic Theories. Organized by Doug Whalen (Haskins Laboratories, City University of New York), Yi Xu (University College London), and Santitham Prom-on (King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi, Thailand). Saturday, June 4, full day, times to be announced. See the workshop information page.
- OJAD (Online Japanese Accent Dictionary) and its use for practical prosody training of Japanese. Boston University, Saturday, June 4, 2016, 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Organized by Nobuaki Minematsu (Professor of The University of Tokyo, Leader of Project OJAD, Japan), Keikichi Hirose (Professor Emeritus of The University of Tokyo, Japan) and Emi Yamanaka (Lecturer of Boston University, USA). For more information, see the workshop information page.
- Note that the Workshop on IPrA: The International Prosodic Alphabet has been cancelled
Important upcoming dates:
- Conference: May 31-June 3, 2016
Speech Prosody 2016 is conveniently timed following TAL (Tonal Aspects of Language) 2016, which will be held in Buffalo, NY, from Tuesday May 24 – Friday May 27, 2016.
Please watch this site for updates!
Page updated May 24, 2016